Updated on June 7, 2022
THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
The Perfumery Code of Ethics does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13.
If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
While you may encounter links on PCE to other websites, please note that these websites are not covered by this Policy.
WHAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER
To learn more about such third-party policies, we encourage you to read and review the privacy statements of each third-party service that you may choose to use.
YOUR GENERARAL DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Regardless of the access point/country of residence of our visitors and pledgers, PCE site implemented EU GDPR Regulation on data protection regarding your personal information, and personally identifiable information (user information).
You have the following rights:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to understand the general data protection rights – You have the right to be communicated about your GDPR rights in a simple language and in a way that is understandable to an average user.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights and you are not sure how to do that, or you do not understand some parts of this Policy, please contact us.
Gathering and processing of information
In general, PCE will gather and process your user information on the legal basis of consent. That means that you voluntarily deliver the information, or that we gather the information with your permission.
PCE may also process certain user information on the basis of the following legitimate interests, provided that such interests are not overridden by your privacy rights and interests:
- Delivering and continuing to develop and improve the Site.
- Learning from your behavior on the PCE (e.g., analyzing traffic) to better serve you and other PCE users, helping us modify or enhance the PCE and its content, and receiving insight as to what users do (and don’t) like about PCE or aspects thereof.
- Providing a stable, consistent, and secure user experience in connection with the Site.
THE SUBMISSION OF PLEDGE AND APPLICATION FOR THE PERFUMERY CODE OF ETHICS BADGE
If you submit your pledge to The Perfumery Code of Ethics, via our Application letter/form, we will ask you the specific sets of personal information.
Some information will be published, and thus publicly accessible, and some will not be made public, and we will use it only to contact you and to enable your access to pledgers-only functionalities of the site:
- First, Middle, and Last Name – will be published.
- Email address – will not be published, or publicly accessible.
- The country of residence – will be published.
If you submit your pledge as an individual, we will also ask you the following personal information:
- Your role/position of interest for submitting the pledge to The Perfumery Code of Ethics, such as “perfumer”, “writer/content creator”, “editor”, and “the owner of the self-hosted website”, “other” – will be published.
If you submitt your pledge as a representative/responskible person of a company/organirazion/instiitution, we will ask you the connected business information.
You always have the option not to provide the information we request.
If you choose not to provide the information we request, and you are submitting your pledge as a representative of the company, society, or organization, you may not be unable to submit your pledge.
You may withdraw your consent for use of your personal information at any time and ask us to delete all your information.
In that case, your pledge will remain valid, but PCE site will not be able to provide any publicly accessible authority reference to your pledge.
If you make such a request as a representative of a company, society, or organization, all other business information connected to your personal information will be automatically withdrawn too.
In case your Pledge is grandfathered, we will automatically un-publish all your personal information.
When your pledge is accepted, we automatically create your pledger account, by using your email address, and sending you the email to reset your password, and activate your account.
This account enables your access to PCE Forum, which is publicly inaccessible / is visible only to the pledgers.
You are not obligated to activate this account on our site, but in that case, you will not be able to participate in ongoing discussions on subjects and topics of interest to the pledgers and PCE.
For pledgers that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles.
All pledgets can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username).
Some information provided in your pledger’s profile, like your Biography and your profile picture, may be visible to other pledgers trough the Forum, but is not visible to other visitors of the Site. Your email adress remains fully protected visible only to you.
When a pledger opens a topic on the Forum or leaves a reply, we collect the data shown in the topic/reply form, and also the pledger’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Pledger’s comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service – Akismet.
An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it.
After approval of your topic/reply, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your posting.
You can change your Gravatar profile picture into some other picture in your pledger’s profile by yourself, and you can also delete it at any time.
If you open a topic or leave a reply, the topic/reply and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
We collect user information automatically from your device. In some territories, including countries in the European Union, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the user information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), and other technical information.
We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of the PCE site to our visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology.
Sharing of information
PCE does not share your personal information with any third party.
We do not employ social media, or sharing services.
Also, we do not employ mailing services like Mailchimp, Sendinblue, etc., but instead, we use a self-hosted mailing service.
As a result, all your personal information and your posted content are stored only on our server, with no third-party access.
Control of information
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
However, please note that withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted before your withdrawal.
If you have an account on this site or have posted on PCE Forum, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you.
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We will obtain your consent to any material changes if and where consent is required by applicable laws.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.